Blog

Finished - Diagonapples

Posted on

0 Comments

I finished my first Diagonapples just in time for Leeds Wool Festival. By just time I mean that the last thing I did before leaving on Saturday morning was unpin it from the blocking board. I’m counting it as excellent planning that it was dry!

IMG_5468

It’s fair to say that I loved knitting this pattern. Changing colour every 20 rows is the perfect incentive to keep knitting.

IMG_5474

This is one of those deceptively simple patterns that works brilliantly. Really brilliantly. Anna Maltz is one of my favourite designers, and I can see several more of these in my future.

IMG_5476

It’s fair to say that I disobeyed many of Anna’s suggestions, so there were a lot of ends to darn in. Garter stitch makes that easy though, so don’t let that put you off. Even better, do what Anna suggests and knit in some ends as you go.

IMG_5478

I used our 4ply wool and nylon yarn for this – and worked the scarf on fewer stitches than the pattern suggested. Despite my meddling it’s worked out perfectly.  I haven’t measured the finished scarf yet. I suspect I managed to stretch it s;lightly taking it out of it’s pre blocking bath. I love long scarves so I’m perfectly happy with that.

IMG_5482

Diagonapples version 2 is already on the needles. This time I’m using Britsock.  If you have a look at my instagram feed you can see how it’s coming along.

Add a comment:

Leave a comment:

Comments

Add a comment