Blog

 RSS Feed

Category: Made It

  1. On The Needles

    Posted on

    My January knitting has been all about warmth.

    jan-disc-socks

    Two pairs of socks for Bobbie in the Discworld colours, Carborumdum (on the left) and Vetinari. There are only a few days left to sign up for the March clubs.

    Then two things for me.

    IMG_2815

    The first is a very basic boxy jumper, knitted to fill a gap left in my wardrobe. I finished this just before the end of last year, but actually sewed in the ends on New Year’s Day.

    IMG_2822

    Knitted in two colours of Britsock I love the clash of the two opposing colours, and it’s the perfect way to add a splash of colour to an overcast day.

    Garment two couldn’t be more different. This is Aptenodytes by Kristin Blom and Anna Maltz from Penguin.

    penguin book cover

     

    IMG_2818

    Again it’s knitted in Britsock, and it’s destined to be something which gets a lot of wear. I love clothes which feel comfy and cosy but which also to make everything look pulled together. I’m already planning another of these in two colours.

     

    IMG_2819

    The  roll collar is gorgeous.

    IMG_2821

    Close up of the stitch pattern.

    On the needles right now I have socks for Bobbie – but I’m itching to cast on another sweater.

  2. Sewing. Well Almost.

    Posted on

    One of the things I wanted to achieve in 2016 was to make more clothes. I’ve been doing lots of sewing as I’ve made felt project bags, but it’s been a while since I sewed anything that could be worn.

    My fabric stash has reached the point that I suspect I could pass it off as a collection of some importance. Or the collection of someone who keeps forgetting that she already owns quite a bit of charcoal jersey and doesn’t really need another 3 meters of the stuff.

    So a couple of weekends ago I found a pattern that I loved.

    Vogue 9162

    V9162_lineart

    The shirt is the closest thing I’ve found to a bought one that I’ve pretty much worn to death.

    The pieces are all cut out.

    The markings are all transferred.

    So now all I need to do is sew it all together.

    But it’s progress.